Monday 7 November 2011

Me and Mr Jones

The most beautiful hook recorded.

"I never wanted you to be my man, I just need your company..."

Amy Winehouse & Nas - Like Smoke


























Obviously theres lots of hype surrounding the Lioness LP. I'm just not sure how I feel about it. Of course I can't wait to hear it and I already know it will be beautiful. I'm just not sure how I feel about posthumous albums in general, we all remember what happened after 2-Pac died - 7 (or maybe 8..?) posthumous studio albums later... I can't say I'm a massive 2-Pac fan but can imagine that 7 albums later, the record company could have perhaps been accused of scraping the barrel, just a little..? Correct me if i'm wrong, they might have been the best 7 albums he ever recorded (so to speak), but the issue for me doesnt lie in the content itself, more so in the knowing absence of spirit.  Hoping that won't be the case with Amy, that 'Lioness' will be the one and the only. She was meticulous and would have probably vetoed most of the material that has been used, a second would almost certainly be a desecration to her memory and how she liked to work. 

Heres to the first and the last. RIP.

























We miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment